Columbia Amputations Lawyer
Whether you lost a finger, foot, hand, or a limb, you deserve to be fully and heavily compensated by the at-fault party. Amputations not only involve large hospital expenses and time off work, but the traumatic toll that such a loss can have on a survivor of a car crash, workplace accident, or premises incident is immeasurable. For these reasons, it is in your best interest to seek legal representation following any type of amputation, no matter how minor or extreme. The Columbia amputation lawyers at Simmons Law Firm can help you receive the financial compensation that you deserve.
Costs Associated with an Amputation
The medical expenses and lost work productivity caused by a limb amputation is staggering. A recent study published in the US National Library of Medicine concluded that the projected lifetime costs associated with a limb amputation was well over half a million dollars. However, this financial toll does not take into account pain and suffering, emotional distress, PTSD, loss of joy of life, and other “non economic” damages.
Examples of Amputation Claims We Handle
- Severe lacerations and crushing injuries caused in traffic collisions;
- Elected amputation due to prior limb or digit paralysis;
- Hand or arm being caught in workplace machinery;
- Lawnmower, hand tool, and other home-equipment machinery accidents;
- Severe burn injuries;
- Severe electric shock;
- Car door accidents;
- Amputation resulting from an injury or illness, including cancer, caused by a defective drug;
- Explosion and blast injuries from defective products;
- Amputation due to necrosis of dead tissue;
- Extreme fractures and ligament damage from motorcycle crashes; and
- Falling objects in dangerous premises claims.
Damages You Can Sue For in an Amputation Claim
There is no amount of money that will ever make your traumatic experience disappear. However, the following types of damages that you can recover will undoubtedly help you not only secure a more stable financial future, but also glenn some sense of justice for what the negligent party did:
- Medical expenses;
- Projected medical expenses;
- Loss of joy of life;
- Emotional distress;
- Pain and suffering;
- Lost wages and earning ability due to disability;
- Property damage; and
Amputation Injury Claims
We assist clients in all of the following types of personal injury claims that result in amputation:
- Motor vehicle collisions;
- Pedestrian or cyclist collisions;
- Defective/dangerous product claims;
- Slip and falls;
- Trip and falls;
- Medical malpractice claims;
- Dangerous and defective drug claims;
- Workplace accidents;
- Crushing injuries;
- Dog attacks; and
- Other premises liability claims.
Contact a Columbia Amputation Attorney Today
You do not have to feel alone following the traumatic experience you have recently been through. Around two million Americans are living with a missing limb, according to Access Prosthetics. Millions more have suffered the tragic loss of fingers, toes, hands, feet, and facial features. Moreover, the Columbia amputation personal injury attorneys at Simmons Law Firm are here for you in your time of need, and can answer any questions you may have about seeking compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today at 803-779-4600 to schedule a free consultation.